Employers have a legal right to educate employees about the benefits of remaining union free. For example, an employer may make it clear that they prefer to remain non-union, and why, but they must not communicate the message in any way that may appear threatening or coercive.
This course provides both basic and in-depth training to C Suite, Managers, and Supervisors about the issues that are often a root cause of employee organizing efforts and how to respond in a legally compliant manner.
Topics covered include:
- Labor Law Review, including Regional Unionization Trends and Targeted Industries
- Causes of Employee Organizing
- How Unions Organize
- Signs of Union Organizing Activity
- Do’s and Don’ts on Responding to Union Organizing
- Benefits of Remaining Union Free
- Realities of Managing a Union Workforce
- Best Practices on Employee Relations to Maintain a Nonunion Workforce
This course is taught by an experienced Labor Attorney.
For onsite classes, our instructor will work with your management team to incorporate applicable policies and/or industry specific vulnerabilities into the training.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Have a practical understanding of how unions affect the workplace
- How and why employees organize
- How to respond in a legal and strategic manner
This program is designed for:
Supervisors and Managers
Type of Delivery:
Virtual and Onsite