As the way we do business evolves, so do our workspaces and locations. According to Global Workplace Analytics, between 2005 to 2017, there was a 159% increase in remote work. Today that number is dramatically higher, requiring managers to flex a new set of skills. Managing remote teams can be a challenge without key practices in place.
In this interactive class, managers and supervisors learn valuable techniques for managing virtual teams. Three key areas are covered to give managers the tools they need to keep a team connected and productive: Communicate More and More Often, Manage Deliverables and Deadlines, Nurture People and Relationships. Managers and supervisors practice applying and adapting the techniques to realistic case studies and create a personalized action plan for how to get the best results in their real-world situation.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Use three essential tips to keep teams productive when working virtually.
- Improve communication techniques for virtual workers.
- Manage productivity by clearly establishing deliverables and deadlines.
- Understand how to nurture people and relationships to achieve better results.
- Create a personalized action plan for a real-world situation managing a virtual team.
- Establish practices that are transferable to non-virtual work.
This program is designed for:
Supervisors and Managers
Type of Delivery:
This program has been pre-approved by the HR Certification Institute.