Leaves of absence, whether arising from medical, personal, military or other reasons represent an increasing challenge to employers.
While an employer wants to do what is right by their employees and their company alike, the legal maze they encounter makes mistakes hard to avoid.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Determine applicability of specific leave laws to their workplace
- Identify common employee situations necessitating employer notice of a particular leave law
- Compose appropriate communication to employees regarding applicable leave rights
- Communicate with an employee and/or their medical provider, if appropriate, regarding required information to confirm eligibility for leave
- Prepare appropriate notice to employees about leave rights
- Train management to recognize need for leave and not to retaliate against employees who exercise leave rights
- Manage required leaves effectively, and efficiently
This program is designed for:
Type of Delivery:
This program has been pre-approved by the HR Certification Institute.