This class is designed for managers in professional services, technology, finance, and insurance organizations, as well as other industries with a similar workforce.
Gallup reports that 1 in 2 employees have left their job to get away from their manager, and that 70% of the variance between high and low employee engagement is caused by managers.
The good news is that managers can dramatically boost their effectiveness through the use of consistent models for everyday management activities.
And since repeated practice of a skill significantly improves its retention and on the job application, Management Fundamentals includes structured activities where participants actively practice the skills they gain during the class.
Through real-world case studies, group discussions, and break-out sessions, attendees will share this experience with managers from similar work environments.
Note: Management Fundamentals is based on our most popular class Supervisory Skills and overlaps with the following standalone classes: Leadworker Effectiveness, Feedback for Success, Coaching for Success, Delegating and Setting Expectations, and Discipline and Documentation.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Improve communication with employees at all levels of the organization
- Give objective, results-based feedback
- Improve substandard performance and retain high performers through coaching
- Increase quantity and quality of work completed through delegation
- Promote employee fairness and company protection with thorough documentation
- Foster teamwork and make effective decisions as a team
This program is designed for:
Supervisors and Managers
18 hours (3 days)
Type of Delivery: