In Introduction to Organizational Ergonomics, you’ll learn basic ergonomic fundamentals that will allow you to spot and assess potential ergonomic issues, both in the office, and on the production floor, before they become musculoskeletal disorders. You will also learn to identify internal opportunities for improvement that will have a direct monetary impact on your organization and how to calculate ergonomic returns on investment. These opportunities will include short term easy wins, as well as longer term ergonomic opportunities.
You’ll leave with a basic ergonomic foundation through hands on interactive classroom participation, as well as learning basic financial fundamentals of ergonomics program success. You will also leave with a comprehensive toolkit to promote and launch an ergonomics program at your organization.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Have a basic understanding of ergonomics in the workplace
- Define ergonomic risk factors in office and manufacturing environments
- Create building blocks for an ergonomic program at your organization
- Assess current employee ergonomics against ergonomic best practices
- Understand the organizational costs of poor ergonomics
- Engage employees in ergonomics discussions & training to spot early signs of musculoskeletal disorders
- Incorporate ergonomic fundamentals into office & production facilities
- Seek out quick wins as well as allocate resources for larger projects
This program is designed for:
Safety Professionals and All Employees
Type of Delivery:
Western Washington and Oregon: $270.00
Eastern Washington: $135.00