This two-day program is designed for individuals who are new to Human Resources or whose primary expertise is in another field (such as payroll or accounting) but who have some Human Resource responsibilities. HR Fundamentals provides an overview of the profession’s functions and competencies that the new HR generalist or other HR professional will use on a daily basis.
Note: The following stand-alone classes will be covered in HR Fundamentals: Workplace Harassment Awareness, Understanding Wage and Hour Law, and HR Records: How, What, Where, When, Why.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss their identity as an HR professional within the past and future of the field
- Resolve common employee relations issues
- Manage ethical dilemmas
- Comply with Wage and Hour requirements
- Prevent workplace harassment and discrimination
- Manage leaves of absence fairly and legally
- Conduct an audit of their record retention processes
This program is designed for:
14 hours (2 days)
Type of Delivery: