The selection of the right person for a job is one of the most important decisions that a company or supervisor can make. With the cost of turnover between 20 and 200% of an employee’s annual salary* (depending on skill level and position), hiring decisions also have a significant impact on a company’s bottom line.
In Hiring Practices for Equity & Excellence, participants will learn essential practices to use throughout the hiring process. Participants will identify key strategies to increase equity in interviewing using behaviorally based questions. They will learn to reduce interview bias by incorporating a candidate scoring matrix, while identifying common pitfalls that can increase an organization’s legal risk throughout the hiring process.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Use standardized interviewing and hiring processes
- Focus on equity in the interviewing and hiring process and avoid the most common legal risks
- Plan crucial questions to discover candidate skills and behaviors that align to job requirements
- Effectively review applications, resumes, and social media
- Improve the ability to ask behaviorally based interview questions
- Reduce interviewer bias with a candidate scoring matrix
- Complete the hiring process
This program is designed for:
Supervisors, Managers, and HR Professionals
Type of Delivery:
This program has been submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review.