Increase on-time project completion rate. Keep projects on budget. Improve quality. Effectively utilize team members and avoid “meeting burnout.”
Fundamentals of Project Management will provide participants an adaptable toolkit for many different types of projects. Whether projects are simple and short term, or more complex and involve a higher degree of liability, all projects share core components related to planning and oversight. Understanding and utilizing a few standardized methods and procedures to prepare and launch a project will help keep it focused, on task, and driving toward on-time delivery.
Throughout the day-long course, participants will alternate learning a concept with applying the information to a practice project. Participants are welcome to bring outlines of current and future projects to the class for insight.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Define project goals and deliverables
- Increase buy-in with sponsor and stakeholder interviews
- Improve on-time completion with a scope statement
- Create a project charter to document agreements
- Manage risks effectively
- Organize and estimate project tasks to increase efficiency
- Monitor implementation to keep projects on track
- Capture valuable “lessons learned” to improve success with future projects
This program is designed for:
Type of Delivery:
This program has been pre-approved by the HR Certification Institute.