Washington Industrial Safety & Health Act and Washington
State Department of Labor Industries WAC 296-800-15005
states that employers must ensure adequately trained
personnel are available in the event a medical emergency
occurs in the workplace. To maintain state-recognized
certification, you must attend a four-hour recertification
course every two years.
To assist employers in meeting this requirement, our First
Aid/CPR/AED Recertification Training recertifies attendees
in basic first aid and CPR. We certify you in the operation of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and provide you with the knowledge, skills, and background to effectively
recognize an emergency and take appropriate action.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify two methods to assure scene safety for a rescuer.
- Demonstrate two methods of positioning a victim to provide a clear breathing passage.
- Identify and demonstrate two methods to control external bleeding.
- Describe the signs of cardiac arrest and demonstrate CPR on a mannequin.
- Explain the danger of moving a spinal injury victim and demonstrate spinal stabilization.
- Identify three basic actions to take when assisting victims of a medical emergency.
- Demonstrate proper AED placement and use for a victim of cardiac arrest.
This program is designed for:
Type of Delivery:
This class is not currently scheduled.
Archbright is committed to the safety and health of all workplaces. Due to the current pandemic, in-person First-Aid & CPR certification offerings have been put on hold. Employers in Washington State should note that Washington Labor & Industries (L&I) is not currently enforcing First-Aid certification requirements under DOSH Directive 1.60 due to the high risk of COVID-19 for in-person training. Archbright continues to monitor the pandemic as well as Federal and State requirements that impact employers. As soon as we are able to start offering this training again, and/or when L&I starts enforcement again, we will notify Archbright members. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.